Harbourview Lodge, $365,000.00 USD.
The Harbourview lodge with 10 units and a large main lodge (or home) on the premises is priced to sell. The Harbourview Lodge is the best deal in the islands right now and that is probably the most important thing to know up front. When you do the math, the Harbourview says; "buy me" and for all the good reasons--location being prime of them, profits being another.
Harbourview has been set up to be rather self sufficient under this management. Basically, running it is very little work. The key to this ease of operation is the units have kitchenettes in them and the guests tend to just check in and keep to themselves. The main interaction with guests in any resort is with the food services. At the Harbourview guests cook in as they might desire and yet are close enough to the restaurants along the harbour to access them by a short walk or low cost taxi---or even by a rental boat, which one can tie up at the Harbourview dock below where the white sand beach is. Most of the restaurants are on the waterfront and have docks to facilitate the hungry and thirsty visiting yachties who regularly frequent this naturally safe harbour. Keep that in mind for reopening the Lodge's restaurant one day. That option is yours and those few hundred yachts per year visiting Vava'u are great customers for the right restaurant.
Harbourview's 10 units are comprised of a mix of individual cabins, duplexs and connected units spaced discreetly on the 1.35 acre grounds. One cabin, previously the manager's quarters, has a separate bedroom for larger parties. The units each have a small kitchenette, which enables the guests the option of cooking and eating in. The main house was once the dining lodge with the bar and restaurant, since it has been converted to the current owner's liking as their large and grand resort home. For the ambitious, one could easily convert the residence back into the famous dining lodge it once was with its huge kitchen and commence serving meals to not only the guests but, as before, to the entire of this island of Vava'u.
The location being convenient and the ambiance being what it is, with views of the harbour and its sailboats and beach below; one can be quite pleased with the setting, and if the food matches the ambiance, well, that is the magic combination.
The beach below satisfies the want for a swim or an instant snorkel trip around this quiet side of the harbour. Safe for kids and fun in the sand and sun, Harbourview has a little of everything for its guests. The boat dock serves as a convenient pick up point for any dive, whale watch or island tour jaunts. The lodge is convenient to all the activities that are the draw to Vava'u. Whale watching and swimming with the whales is a prime attraction, game fishing, diving, surfing, snorkelling, island exploring and water tours are among the popular activities, some exclusive to Vava'u over any in the world.
The Harbourview is located on the main harbour's most prime real estate. The Lodge is within walking distance to town and all the restaurants, yet it is removed enough from town to enjoy being in a peaceful setting. The airport is about 12km away with down town Neiafu about 3km. Harbourview has all the licenses and is fully operational. The primary asset is their coveted Government Estate Land Lease; a 50 year Land Lease, which is endlessly renewable and akin to "freehold." At the current prices of land lots on this harbour, the price of the entire complex is dwarfed by the land value alone---and because they are not making any more of it (land) since the original big bang, it is likely to only go up in value.
FEATURES AND STATS OF THE HARBOURVIEW
Approx 1.35 Acres of Harbour View Land
* This property has a 50 year, renewable Government Estate Land lease.
* The Main House, which once was the lodge and restaurant, is 1,810 square feet with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 offices, living room, large commercial kitchen, laundry room, large storage room and massive deck w/ bar under roof.
* The building, now a residence, was used as a full-scale restaurant by the former resort owners and could easily be changed back to a bar and/or restaurant again, which would add considerable income, and would likely return to its previous status as one of the most popular restaurants in all of Vava'u!
* The Manager's House is 884 square feet with two bedrooms (5 beds), fridge, stove, separate bath and private veranda, currently being rented as a family unit. This would be a comfortable private residence for any owner(s) who is interested in using the Octagon residence building as a full-scale restaurant and bar as it was in the past!
THE RENTAL UNITS
(1) Triple Room Rental Unit (520 square feet with two beds, fridge, stove, separate bath and private veranda)
(3) Rental Units (432 square feet each with double & single beds, fridge, stove, separate bath and private veranda)
(4) Rental Units (400 square feet each with interconnecting doors [For families to rent both units if needed], double & single beds, fridge, stove, separate bath and private veranda)
(1) Single Room Rental Unit (336 square feet with double bed, fridge, stove, separate bath and private veranda)
* Note that these rental units contain more square footage then the average Vava'u hotel or resort room!
* Also note that all units and residences have "SolaHart ()" Solar Water Heater Systems (This $30,000 investment foresight by the owners saves electricity costs and affords the luxury of hot showers, something not all resorts offer out here. That hot shower alone has guests choosing Harbourview.
* Covered Tongan Style Barbeque Area (336 square feet and can accommodate
16+ people; great to use for Tongan feasts and special events, another
* Full Size Tennis Court (The ONLY resort or hotel in all of Vava'u with such a luxury!)
Beautiful Gardens, Treed Border and Manicured Lawns (Plenty of flowers & fruit trees to enhance the ambiance of the place)
Active wholesaler / booking agent relationships already established!
Established and popular website which generates good business and inquiries.
Great Reviews in such Publications as Lonely Planet Guidebooks as well as on On-line Vacation Sites!
Mains water with an additional 80,000 Litre rainwater catchment water tank (The huge rainwater tank is a great benefit to this property as it saves money on monthly water bills and insures a constant water supply)
24/7 TCC "Data Anywhere" Internet Service, which could be offered in each room via WIFI.
Regular phone service.
Outside phone for guests (The owners sell phone cards to their guests)
Rubbish removal agreement
(1) Carpenter/Gardener (Extremely reliable and does excellent work)
(1) Cleaning Lady ( very reliable and punctual)